Wednesday, January 16, 2019

OMG I'M EXCITED!!!!!!!


(Video courtesy of Youtube)

Did you watch that trailer? DID YOU WATCH THAT TRAILER!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! THE 'BUSTERS ARE BACK BABY!!!

Listen, I know I'm generally against remaking old stuff. I keep meaning to share my opinion on reboots and that day is coming, but this isn't a reboot. We're supposedly getting the original Ghostbusters cast, or at least part of it. This isn't some political correctness generated all female cast created to appease a feminist crowd. It's the guys who made it work the first time.

DUDE!!!

Listen, pretty much everything I know about this film is that it was announced yesterday and the trailer dropped today. That seriously completes the list. That's enough to get me going though.

I'll be honest. Storywise there's not a whole lot (as in nothing) that has been released. But watch it all the way through. Did you hear the proton packs activate? I heard the proton packs activate. Let me say that again: I HEARD THE PROTON PACKS ACTIVATE.

Note to people who do sequels or reboots/remakes of old movies: This is how you get your fans excited. You give them something they liked about the product you're reimagining. There's no need for fancy new touches and craziness. If you want to sell tickets (and my crystal ball says this movie will do well at the box office) give the fans what they want, instead of what you want to give them.

Seriously.

The Ghostbusters reboot flopped because it was made to please people with a political agenda instead of the people who loved the originals. That's why Wonder Woman succeeded. DC didn't get rid of what made  Wonder Woman who she was to all of her fans. They gave the fans what the fans wanted and they made phat bank. Movie studios are for-profit ventures right? Learn a lesson here, folks.

Do you hear my excitement about this? Can you feel me about to burst with excitement? If not I've failed and I'm embarrassed because I'm a better writer than that.

I'm no William Shakespeare. Hell, I'm not even a Larry Correia or a Declan Finn. But you have to have gotten that much out of this, right?

I, Jim McCoy, the guy who hates all of the remakes is nostalgic as all get out and can't wait to blow ALL OF THE MONEY on this movie. I don't even know what it's about. I mean, that's a barn so there's a good chance that at least part of the movie takes place in a rural area, but that's all I've got at this point. Here's the thing though: I would like to know more and I'm willing to lay down some hard earned coin to do it.

And if anyone with influence over this movie is listening, can we get a tacky hip-hop/R+B track for Ghostbusters 3 like we got for Ghostbusters 2? I want to find out about Vigo the master of evil everytime I hear that track, and I've got it on a Spotify playlist.

I've got to cut this short and head off to work. But just know that I'm as happy as a pig eating shit right now and I'm waiting impatiently for Summer 2020. Who's with me?

Some Ghostbusters related items are available for purchase at the links below:








No comments:

Post a Comment