Saturday, May 4, 2019

Happy Stuff, Sad Stuff

(Author's Note: I'm typing this on my phone. I'll do my best to make it look like it was typed by an adult and not written in crayon by a three year old but my odds of success are dubious. )



So Chewbacca has joined his Princess in Heaven. This is a travesty. I've not met Peter Mayhew in person, but everything I've heard about him says that he was a gentle giant, kind to all and especially his fans.

Just as importantly to those of us who didn't know him personally, he was a larger than life icon. For many of us, he was a part of our childhood. Who didn't love Chewbacca as a kid? You'll be missed Mr. Mayhew. Take good care of our Princess.

In related (but much happier) news...



May the Fourth Be With You!


It's Star Wars Day! Let your Geek Flag fly!

Yes, we' re all a little melancholy because we lost one of our heroes. We should still celebrate. Let the greats never be forgotten! Wear your Star Wars gear! Post a meme! Play a Star Wars video game. Read a Star Wars comic. THIS IS ONE OF ONLY TWO DAYS OF THE YEAR THAT IS ALL ABOUT GEEKS! PARTY LIKE ROCK STARS!

Oh, did I mention days that are all about geeks? Do you know what today is?

(No, 90s R+B fans, it's not our anniversary.)

IT'S FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!

SUPPORT YOUR LCS!

(That's Local Comic Shop for all of you mundanes out there.)



Go get your free stuff and enjoy the party! I'm about to take my daughter out for it.

No links today because I know all of you are on the way to your LCS to support local businesses.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment